Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Our Utah Trip

This was our last big summer hooray. We hadn't plan to go to Utah this summer, but plans changed and about a month before we decided to go. I have always wanted to surprise our families and show up on their doorsteps, and this was the perfect opportunity to do it. The look on my moms face was priceless. It made flying with three kids by myself so worth it! Unfortunately my dad left on a fishing trip to Canada the day we got there so we had to just send him the video. The whole trip was so much fun and I don't think the boys stopped the whole time we were there. Drew was able to join us for a week of the trip and go to Lake Powell. 
(I have tried to upload the videos, but blogger is being funny right now, I will have to try later)

Here are some pictures of the fun things we did...

Staying cool outside on the Slip n' Slide

 And at the Splash Pad

 Hallie . Tyler . Kate . Mason . Hayden . Kaleb . Tanner . Bryson . Anna
We had LOTS and LOTS of snow cones and the snow shack
Playing on the wood pile [Luke Mason Tanner]

Camping out with Jaden and Luke
(they made it till about 11pm, then they decided it was to hot and there were to many cockroaches)
Playing with cousins...
Hayden (14 mos) Hallie (17mos)
Hayden and Janie (9mos)
Hayden and Rubi (16mos)
These two kept us plenty busy


Sidewalk painting...

Wrestling (must be a boy thing) 
Mason Tanner Bowen
Mason learned how to make flies for fly fishing while we were there and he spent A LOT of time in grandpas shop making many of these.
Hayden stayed in St. George with my mom and sister while the rest of us went to Lake Powell for a few days. We really missed him, but I have to admit it was SO nice not to have to worry about a baby at the lake. Hayders had a great time at home and my dad got home from his fishing trip while we were at the lake and Hayden loved hanging out with grandpa.
Hayden loved riding these things!
and playing in a box, what kid doesn't love this?
and of course we had to have a little girl time...
deep conditionings and pedis
 and eyebrows
 we really had the BEST time! More posts to come of our trip to Kolob, Lake Powell and Bowen's fun batman birthday!

3 comments:

Kevin and Rachel said...

I have always wanted to surprise family, too. What a fun trip! Man, it looks like those kids had FUN. Wish you were making a surprise trip up here. We miss you guys!

jos said...

so fun Michele! I love how your boys do EVERYTHING together. I can't wait for my girls to be like that. Glad your back!!

RaCHeL said...

So fun to surprise your families! What a great way to finish off the summer too. :)