Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A new recipe

So I haven't posted a recipe in a while, recipe Monday kind of died out. But I think we all need to start posting some again. I am struggling with thinking of meals each week! I came across this recipe and thought I would give it a try. It ended up being really yummy. So yummy I snapped a shot of it and thought I would post it. ( I always like a visual to get my mouth watering). So here it is:

Turkey Bacon Paninos

1 avocado, peeled and pitted
4 Tbsp ranch dressing
8 slices sourdough bread
8 slices pepper jack cheese (I only had swiss so I used that)
12 slices turkey
8 pieces cooked bacon
12 slices tomato

Mash avocado and add ranch dressing until smooth; sauce should still appear green. For each sandwich, spread sauce on two slices of sourdough bread. Lay two slices of cheese, three slices of turkey, two pieces of bacon, and three slices of tomato between the slices of bread. Brush the outside of the bread with olive oil and grill untill cheese melts (We used the george foreman grill).
This is how they ended up. We thought they were good, and even Mason ate his up!

4 comments:

KyleandAmanda said...

That looks super yummy!!! I am going to have to try it out! Tanner is growing up so fast! He is a handsome little dude! Hope you guys are doing good!

Eric, Janae, Kallie, Sadie said...

Thats looks so dang good, I'm definitely going to try it!!!

Megan said...

That looks really good! We do need to start posting recipes again!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.