Well Tanner decided it was his turn to experience what it is like to get stitches. That's right, we made another visit to the ER. Actually we went to the nearest instacare, but our little buddy had to get 8 stitches. It all happened Friday morning. I was on a cleaning spree and was determined to get my house spotless. The kids were playing and I was vacuuming away. At some point Tanner came up from behind me and I didn't know he was there. I pulled the vacuum back and the vacuum handle whacked him. I could feel that it hit him hard and turn around and he was flat on his back. On his little eyebrow there was immediately a pool of blood. Poor little guy was crying and so sad. I couldn't get a hold of Drew, so I ran down to the Smith's house. Josh happened to be home so he looked at it and said that it needed stitches. So I left Mason with the Smiths and took Tanner to the immediate care and we waited to see the Doctor. At this point Tanner is doing great. He cried right after it happened, but was fine after that. In fact in the waiting room he was running around laughing and having a great time. It didn't really bleed much either so that was nice. After seeing the doctor he was a little apprehensive about doing the stitches there because Tanner was so little and getting him to hold still was going to be tricky. He said that Kosairs (the children's hospital) would be better equipped to do this, but he would try and if it was looking like it would be to hard, he would send me there. Then the fun began (actually it was awful). They had to strap the little guy into a baby papoose and had two nurses holding his head. He was hysterical by now. He didn't know what was going on and they were stick needles in his head. I sat there and held his hands and tried to calm him the whole time. He seemed to do a little better when he could hear my voice. After what seemed like FOREVER, the doctor finished. It broke my heart to have to have him strapped down and screaming. After I just sat and held him and he just cuddled with me. We came home and he took a nap and he hasn't missed a beat since. We have to get the stitches out in 5 days, and I think I will send Drew to go do that. I keep telling him that he is lucky he missed out on this one. Here are a few picture I snapped right before. Sorry they are not that great, they are the best I could do at the moment.

After getting the stitches! Lets hope this doesn't leave a horrable scar.
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
Poor little guy! Now theyve each had a turn...that's enough--NO MORE {I'll keep my fingers crossed for you } :)
So sad! I used to strap babies to those all the time...awful! Poor little buddy.
Poor Buddy! Just call me next time so I can help you.
So sad, Michele! He is so cute! We have yet to visit the ER. I'm sure it will come though! I have 2 boys!
Poor little guy, and poor you! Honestly, except for the stitches, I never would have known anything was wrong by how happy he was that night! What a trooper.
so sad My heart was aching for you both I would have been crying too -I got tears when Luck whimpered over a shot The first pic looks like no biggie sorry:(
I'm so sorry Michele! What an ordeal. I've done that same thing with the vacuum! It just luckily hasn't ended with stiches.
p.s. I did a craft and put it on my blog! I felt the need to tell you since you are "queen of crafts!" :)
Ouch! Poor little guy!
Post a Comment