Sunday, August 29, 2010

Mason First Day of Kindergarten

Mason started kindergarten two weeks ago and has absolutely loved it. I have had a harder time with it then he has. Here are some pictures from his first day.
New Shoes!

Tanner was just as excited as Mason and insisted on me packing a lunch for him and wearing his backpack too.

Here comes the bus

Waiting to get on


There he goes! Seriously did I just send my 5 year old away on a bus by himself? I was a wreck by this point and Tanner and I hopped in the car and followed the bus all the way to the school. (Two weeks later and I still am not use to this bus thing, but he loves it and feels so big to get to ride the bus)
When we got there it took me a minute to find a parking spot. I rushed in and found Mason and asked how the bus ride was, he said good (secretly I wanted him to hate it so I could just drive him myself). He walked with his class down to his class room and I followed behind.
Here he is waiting for class to start!We made these for Masons Teachers. I found the idea in the Creating Keepsakes Magazine. You use a rollo candy bar and chocolate kisses to make a giant pencil.

I really can't believe I have a kindergartner, where does the time go? I have always heard moms say how hard it is to send your kids to school for the first time, but nothing could have prepared me for this. I really had a hard time and have shed many tears. The first day I couldn't believe how slow the day went. By 2:00 I was dying to have him home, home safe with me. Hopefully i will get more use to this, but I am grateful that he loves it.


13 comments:

Sara said...

Michele, I was a wreck when I took my niece to her first day of preschool nearly 10 years ago. Oh I can't image what I will be like when Bennett is getting on a bus....the tears will be flying and Bennett will disown me. I am in trouble!!!

M and M Madsen said...

Michele - That seriously tugged at the heart strings. Mason is so sweet and you are such a good Mom. I have almost decided to home school (not really) because I can't imagine sending my kiddos to school! Glad you made it!!

Natalie said...

I didn't realize he started! Seriously, you are a tough mom. I'm sure I'll be following the bus every day for two weeks! I'm sure Tanner's loving his alone time with you

The Loesevitz Family - said...

Wesley started school too last week! How did our boys get so big, so fast? I was like you... the first day of school.. I couldn't wait for him to get out so I could hug him and love on him! Mason looked great in his new school gear! You're awesome, Michele :)

Alix Hart said...

Two of mine left for all day school this year and it was way harder than I thought it would be, but definitely easier than when the first one goes. The first was really difficult, but it helps when they are ready and excited to go. So, congrats on surviving :)

The Hansens said...

Oh he looks like a stud on his first day! How will you keep those girls away? Michele I am so sad for you, What a hard day! But glad he is happy and loving it. miss you guys!

Elder and Sister Steel said...

That is so sweet. Bout made me cry, too. What a darling little happy boy! He is so well-adjusted and smart--he'll do great!
I loved the pencils! May have to do that for preschool .

Richard and Carlie said...

What a cute mom you are! Seriously, when I saw you guys waiting for the bus I couldn't believe what a big boy he is! Love the first day of school pictures!

The Steel's said...

I am glad I am not the only one who had a hard time! I am so sad! How are our kids so big now? Sweet Mason is so cute, he will do so great in Kindergarten! We are so excited to see you guys soon!

wadeandjulie said...

ohhhh! I got all emotional just seeing all the pictures. It brought be back to the day I sent Hallie. You were tougher though...I just couldn't put Hallie on the bus that first day...I ended up driving her the first day. She made me promise that it would be the only day I did it and the rest of the time she could ride the bus! Isn't it just so hard?!!! but so good to see how excited they are! Mason is such a cute little kindergartner! Kaleb just got a new backpack for school and it looks exactly like Masons!!! and that is funny about Tanner...carrying his own backpack!I had to do the same thing for Bryson. Sadly, it was a princess backpack because I couldn't find the spiderman one...yikes! He didn't mind though!!! thankgoodness because we were almost late for our first day of school!!!

Megan said...

So cute! Oh...I can't believe he is in kindergarten! I bet he was so excited!

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

You got some great pictures! And holy cow adorable, those pencils are super cute! I need to remember that! You are such a great mom!

stefanie said...

The BUS?! Oh my goodness...I would have been a mess too! That just seems all the more grown up! Love all the pictures of those cute brothers! Mason looked super handsome for his first day! Do we really have kindergarteners?! [sigh]
LOVE the teacher gifts too! I'm such an underachiever...