Sunday, May 6, 2012

How does your Garden Grow?

A couple of weeks ago we planted our first garden. Mason and Tanner were so excited about this and loved every step of it. They were great little helpers!
Getting the spot all ready to build the planter box
Such hard workers!

Planter box all done and first tomato plant in
These are all the tomato plants. We did a few cherry tomatoes and a few regular tomatoes
Mason made these markers so we wouldn't mix up what plant was what!
We also did green beans
and carrots and also some jalapenos in the back

So far the garden is doing well. We also did two strawberry plants in a separate planter and we have had a nice red strawberry come. Hopefully we will have a plentiful garden in a few months!! If not we will have two sad boys!

4 comments:

Nate Sarah Cooper and Hank said...

Thats exciting, we started clearing some land for our garden saturday and the boys are super excited. I think they love that more then playing with their toys.

Megan said...

I love it! Mason is so cute. You need to keep those forever. I want a garden! I am so glad you got to do one. You are such a cute little family!

Elder and Sister Steel said...

So fun. I'm glad the little boys are excited about it.

The Hansens said...

love it! way to be a gardener Michele!