So today was quiet the eventful day. It started off when I heard Mason calling to me and sort of wimpering. I went in to see what the matter was and found this site.
This is a little bunt pan that came with his kitchen set. Apparently he was in his room just playing a way, cooking and such, when he stuck his finger in the middle and then couldn't pull it back out. I tried to pull it out as well, but it was really stuck. I smoothered his finger in lotion and tried again, but no luck. Every time I tugged on it he would scream in pain. I decided I need to call Drew and see if he had any suggestions. After getting a hold of him he told me to try soap and cold water. Still no budging it. This happened about 10:30 am. after trying for about an hour and a half, Drew decided to come home and see what he could do. He made it home at around 12:30. He tried and tried also. He even tried to cut the thing, but it was made out of really thick metal and we just couldn't get through it. By now Mason is to the point where he doesn't want anyone to touch it because it hurts him so bad when we tug on it. At this point we didn't know what to do to get it off so we decided to take him to the fire department that is just down the street from our house. The first guy that looked at it said to take him to Kosairs childrens hospital and they would probably have to have a surgeon cut it off. He said it was just to swollen to pull off at this point. Then a paramedic came and started working on it. Mason is still in his car seat in the car right now and this guy is tugging and pulling and doing everything he can to get this thing off. Mason is freaking out. Kicking, screaming, trying to bit the guy. It seriously was so traumatic. I was almost in tears because it was hurting him so bad. The got some Pam cooking spray and sprayed that all over and kept pulling. After about 5-10 minutes of pull on his finger, it finally came off!! I was so happy that it was off, but then I looked at his finger, and it looked awful. I wish I had my camera at that point because it was as fat as a hot dog and all sorts of different colors. They told us that we still needed to take him to the ER and have it looked at, so we drove down town with Mason crying the whole way because he was in so much pain. So after getting ex rays and having a few doctors and nurses looking at it, they decided that it was okay. Nothing was broken and they expect the swelling to go down. After 4 hours in the ER, we finally got to go home, and no one was more excited about that then Mason. I took some pictures of it when we got home, but it had been over 4 hours after they had gotten it off, so it wasn't nearly as swollen as it was at first. We are just glad that it is off and that his finger is okay. The poor little guy went through quiet a lot today and was a real trooper. The bunt pan is now in the garbage, and I would advise anyone who has this Target kitchen set to throw the bunt pan out as well. Their little fingers fit all to well right in the middle.





9 comments:
Oh My Goodness, that is the saddest thing ever. You should tell target about it and get some sort of recall going. Poor little man. I am glad he is feeling better. Looks like you did a great job under all the pressure Michele.
Poor little Mason! That is awful! We are glad that he is okay! We all need to get together soon!
Super Mom Michele to the rescue. I would have cried. I'm sure you said a 100 prayers --poor little guy, his finger looks awful! I agree about contacting Taregt so no other child has to go through it. Whats he say about Fire Fighters now?
Oh my word!! Poor little Mason! I am so glad you got it off! You should totally let Target know!
oh poor little mason. What a traumatic experience. That really makes me sad. I hope it gets better soon.
Poor Mason!! That sounds so traumatizing!! Hope you guys are doing well, i am sad we missed you at Christmas time!!
So Kyle and I were blog hopping tonight and came to yours and I freaked out!I agree with the others, you need to call target, they will probably tell you" um this has never happened before, you are the first!" But you should tell them anyway. Oh and by the way thanks for the link to sugar doodle. Great Site
The Graffs
Thank goodness for Pam, right?! Oh my heaven's...that is the saddest thing ever! His poor finger! I'm glad he's okay...and you're a trooper...I think I would have gone into labor!?! ;) I think you should inform Target too, that is crazy stuff!
Michelle, so I'm just entering the blogging world and I found your blog. I am laughing so hard right now at this little scenario! It could have been a lot worse, but Mason is sure going to have a great story to tell in about 10 years. So fun to catch up with your family. Our blog is: tannerbanner.blogspot.com.
Jennie Graf Tanner
Post a Comment