Mason finished 1st grade on June 7th (on Hayden's Birthday). He had an awesome year. He loved his school, his teacher, and his class. The week before, the whole first grade got to go on a field trip to the bowling alley for an end of the year party.
Eating Lunch
Mason and his teacher, Mrs. Smith, we loved her!
He really did have a great year. It is so fun to see your kids grow and learn and progress and love going to school each day.
Mason receiving student of the month award. This was earlier on in the year, but I wanted to include it.
I also wanted to include this. During the year his class had a unit on the Wright Brothers. Mason loved learning about them and how they invented and flew the first airplane. He told his teacher that he would build the first airplane they made and bring it to school. He came home and went right to work. He looked on the internet for some pictures (blueprints) and started building away. This is what he came up with. Pretty darn good replica if you ask me (but I am bias). The pictures really don't do it justice. His teacher loved it and had him share it with the class next door!
Mason on the last day as a 1st grader...2nd grade here I come!




3 comments:
We love our Mason! He is awesome!
I love that airplane! That really is amazing!
Also, who gets to go bowling for a field trip?! The only one I really remember is the Great Salt Lake to smell the stink. Lucky little dude.
Post a Comment