Thursday, February 21, 2008

You know you have a newborn in your home when...


So I was thinking about all the things that come with having a newborn in your home and what a short time they stay so little. In fact today Mason was looking at Tanner and said "Mom, look Tanner is getting big and strong like me!" This makes me so sad that my little baby is growing so fast. Today he is 4 weeks old! I love every stage, but their is something special about a brand new newborn. Anyways I thought it would be fun to record a few things that come with having a baby in your home so...

You Know you have a newborn in your home when...
(In no particular order)
1. There are little tiny diapers scattered all over the house.
2. You wash your sheets one day, and the very next day you have to wash them again because they have been peed all over. (Moms with boys know what I am talking about)
3. Your bathroom is stocked full of all the magic baby potions (Mylicon drops, little noses saline drops, yummy smelling lotions, wipes, baby wash, etc.)
4. Your laundry load has increased 10 fold due to all the blankets and clothes that have the not so pleasant spit up smell.
5. You find yourself falling asleep on the couch in the middle of the day with your little one cuddled up on your chest.
6. Your day revolves around feedings
7. At times you tend to feel like bessie the cow!!
8. Getting to take a shower is a serious luxury!
9. Your days and nights and days all run into one another and you can't remember how many times you were up the night before.
10. You have tons of extra dishes lying around that need to be return to all the wonderful people who have brought your family meals!
11. You get to pick out cute little baby outfits to dress your little one in everyday.
12. There is such a special spirit in your home, one that you want to last forever.

9 comments:

Jenni said...

thanks for reminding me what I have to look forward too...so exciting!!! But, I am still scared :)

Heidi said...

My little one is 9 months old, but I totally related to that post. Thanks for the cute reminders

Megan said...

So cute! You are such a cute mommy!

Shmobby said...

So so true - all of it! There is nothing like a baby, and nothing like the sweet smells of a newborn baby! Enjoy every moment - it goes so fast! You are such a sweet mom...it's so great that you notice and appreciate these little things.

Our youngest just turned 1 and although it is so much fun I find myself wishing he would stay little just a while longer. Seriously...there is nothing like a baby! :)

Eric, Janae, Kallie, Sadie said...

I love your list, so true, babies are the best, minus the sleepless nights. Hey I bag tagged you, sorry, check out my blog to see what to do! Talk to you soon!

Shaun and Tonya said...

You list is awesome --I liek ho wit captures teh negative -in yeta positive light. Do you really ever feel like bessy the cow? because even at 9 month you look amazing!

Rach said...

I love it! And Let me tell you, it seems that with the second, time goes even faster...I wish I could've slowed it down. makayla is already one! It is just crazy- he is a beautiful baby

stefanie said...

Oh my heavens...this made me even more baby hungry, but at the same time makes me a little sad that my "baby" is no longer a baby. Tanner is seriously so sweet!

I really am coming to visit you but we have everything short of the plague at our house right now, so we'll wait until we're all better. You don't need sniffles to add to your list. ;)

Gretchen said...

I can totally relate to this post!! There is just nothing like a newborn and the sweet little spirit that they bring in to the home! I wish it would just last longer. They grow way to fast!